Thursday, March 11, 2010

Why do they say not to take a bubble bath while pregnant?

i was just wondering because I never heard that before. When I was prego with my 1st child I only took baths.Why do they say not to take a bubble bath while pregnant?
You are not supposed to take hot baths when you are pregnant because you can over heat your body and your baby can get brain damage, and it can also cause miscarriage. If you are going to take baths while you are pregnant, you should not heat the water over 102 degrees F. This way it won't raise your body temperature, or the baby's, too much and you will both be safe. As for the ';bubbles';, I think it can cause yeast infections if you take too many bubble baths, but occasionally should be fine.Why do they say not to take a bubble bath while pregnant?
bubble baths are fine while pregnant, I take them all the time to ease sore muscles, it's the most natural way to aleviate your back pain and discomfort, just make sure they aren't too hot, and I am pretty sure there is no such thing as the bubbles getting up inside your ';area'; and causing infection, that almost made me giggle when I read it! Take your bath, just be careful about temp!! Enjoy!
women aren't supposed to take bubble baths at all, really. i mean, one every once in a while is fine, but not all the time. and its just because the bubbles can get up side your urethra and cause and infection. and infection during pregnancy is bad.


and another reason they don't want you taking baths during pregnancy is because if you get the water too hot, it messes with your body temperature which is bad for baby as well.
It's not fear of the ';bubbles'; getting up in your ';area';. The problem is the soap that causes the bubbles. I used to get frequent yeast infections and EVERYONE of my doctors have said that yes that can cause them. So the above answerer is wrong. Just be careful and don't sit in water that's too hot. The fear is raising your body temperature which is bad for the baby.
You can actually, but it's the water temp you have to be careful of. For a bath or hot tub, you only want water that is 100 degrees or less, and not for long periods of time either. Raising your internal body temp to high can cause the baby brain damage.
Because the stuff they put in bubble bath can cause yeast infections and UTI's which could harm the baby. It is okay to take baths as long as your mucus plug is still in, just don't add the bubbles.
i never heard that 1 either, during my last two pregnancies my midwife always used to tell me to have a long soak in a nice warm bubble bath to help ease any aches, but to make sure the water wasnt too hot.
They don't want you to raise your body temperature too much. They suggest not taking a bath in water over 100 degrees





http://www.babycenter.com/406_is-it-safe鈥?/a>
infection! Women are advised NOT to take bubble baths regular as it can lead to yeast infections and since you are pregnant, they don't want any type of infections remotely affecting your little one
I've never heard that. I have heard don't get into really hot water above a certain degree can be dangerous although I don't think a warm bubble bath would hurt anything.
i think it's because the hot water. also jacuzzi, sauna and really hot showers...
the bubbles have no effect it is the temp of the water dont get it too hot and enjoy
I hadn't heard that. Good to know. Thanks for asking this question.
ive been taking them my entire pregnancy because of back ache. just make sure the water isnt to hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment