Tuesday, March 16, 2010

How old do babies have to be before they can take a bubble bath??

my neice is 1 year and 1 month..is that too young to give her a bubble bath?How old do babies have to be before they can take a bubble bath??
i think it could be okay as long as you use a bubble bath that is age appropriate, however, excessive bubble baths are not good. here is a link for a bubble bath for babies, kids, and people with sensitive skin.How old do babies have to be before they can take a bubble bath??
She can have bubbles! Just make sure you use a gentle product - we like California Baby bubble bath.
no 1 year old is fine!
Yep, plenty old enough for bubbles.





Unlike poster above, I wouldn't hold off bubbles for when kid gets difficult. My sister HATED baths, but ANY time bubbles were mentioned, she was just fine with it. She always wanted ME to do her bath because I always included bubbles. You'd think I would be her favorite sister, but no. %26lt;sigh%26gt; guess she doesn't remember the bubble baths.
Not too young but sometimes little girls can get a unirary tract infection from taking bubble baths. My eight year old still can't use bubbles because of this.
Our baby is 8 weeks old and we use baby bubble bath, johnson and johnson, it has lavender in it and is supposed to make her sleep better ... we also used from the beginning tip and toe bubble wash. These are specially made for babies so that it doesn't harm their skin, plus it's easier to wash them in that as no soap is needed. Our little one loves the bubbles even at her age.
I think between 6 months to 1 year is fine depending on how sensitive their skin is.





FYI even mainstream doctors and media are warning against using lavender for boys. And if it is screwing with boys hormones it can't be great for girls either. Once in awhile shouldn't be a concern but not every single day.





http://www.webmd.com/content/article/131鈥?/a>


http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200鈥?/a>


http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16906552
no! my baby has had bubble baths since she was very young, I use the J %26amp; J Lavender %26amp; Chamomille bath thing, it makes nice bubbles and helps them calm down for a nice sleep.
Here's a tip for ya. I never had my kids use a bubble bath when they were babies. I figured that some time when they are a little older they (or just one of them) may go through a phase where they hate baths.





When my second son was about 6, he was being difficult about getting into the tub. I decided to throw some bubble bath in to make the bath more appealing. He thought it was appealing alright. It was hard to get him out of there. LOL





I did the same with toothpaste. If he goes through a phase (and both of boys eventually did) where he hates brushing his teeth then I surprise him with some cool-tasting kids toothpaste. Solved the problem of a kid looking for a way to avoid brushing his teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment