Saturday, March 13, 2010

How long after giving birth can you take a bubble bath?

i gave birth to my son on the 1/3/08.. i had to get 3 stitches also. The midwife had advised me to stay away from bubble baths as it would cause infection, but when will i be able to go for a bath as my midwife isnt coming out anymore to see me so i cant ask her?


thanks


xHow long after giving birth can you take a bubble bath?
not for at least 6 weeks..you should have a doctors appointmen about 3 weeks and 6 weeks after having a baby. ask the doctor when you see him or her.How long after giving birth can you take a bubble bath?
you could ask your health visior....i had forcep delivery and had too many stiches i dont actually know the figure, but i had my baby on thursday and on the sunday i had a warm bath but no bubble bath in water, touch of salt to help clean the wound...gd luck
Perhaps they say these things in order to cover their backs while so many people come out of hospital with infections? You should have access to a health visitor now that the midwife has finished her work - ask her. I had my first bath 2 days after my c-section on the advice of my health visitor. Good luck and congratulations on the happy event!
At your 6 wk Dr.'s appt. if everything looks ok, he/she will give you the go-ahead. Congrats on your son!

No comments:

Post a Comment