Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Im currently 2 and half months pregnant and want to take a bubble bath......?

My mother and sister said its bad to take a bubble bath while pregnant and not to do it. Are they right??Im currently 2 and half months pregnant and want to take a bubble bath......?
The ';Old Wives Tale'; originating pre-1800's about taking baths during pregnancy was based on the fact that people thought germs or bacteria could enter the woman's vagina and make the baby sick.





It's totally false though. Baths are actually GOOD for you when you're pregnant. Also our sewage systems / sanitation / cleanliness of water are better standards these days - people back then used to have 8-12 people using one tub's worth of water.





The thing you DO need to be cautious of though is the temperature of the bath itself. Be sure that you avoid the use of hot tubs and hot baths (above 100 degrees F). These can cause your body temperature to rise, and this can cause problems for a developing baby, particularly in the first trimester.





Enjoy your bath just make sure it's of a normal temperature (not scalding). I'm 36 weeks pregnant and have had a bath practically every day throughout my pregnancy. Our baby was scanned on Tuesday and all is perfect - he's a healthy 5lb 10 already and everything is in perfect working order :)





Enjoy your pregnancy - it's one of the most magical things ever!





Em xIm currently 2 and half months pregnant and want to take a bubble bath......?
um... my doctor recommended me take warm baths to help relax my back, because I have had back pain from the pregnancy. I could take them all I want, as long as I don't use water that's too hot.





Also, swimming and taking prenatal aquatic exercise classes are great for the baby... and they involve being immersed in water.





the only concern would be what you're using for bubbles. Don't use anything with harsh scents, they might make you sick, if you are feeling any morning sickness. don't use anything that might irritate your skin either, because when your pregnant, your skins more sensitive. but, it will harm you more than the baby! (by making you itch if you get dry skin!)





I've heard not to take baths when you are close to labor, because if you lose your mucus plug, or are dilating, then the soap might irritate yuo down there and cause complications. But, at 2.5 months, trust me, the baby is in a nice safe bubble of his/her own in your uterus.
Bubble bath can trigger yeast infections in many women. If you are one of those women, it'd be best to not get a bubble bath (especially during pregnancy). If you've not had a yeast infection due to bubble bath, there's no harm. The only thing to keep in mind is that the water shouldn't be steaming hot. Hot soaks in tubs or sitting in saunas can cause problems including miscarriage. You can still soak, just not in really hot water.
Many health care professionals even has mixed feelings about that subject but it will not harm you or the baby so if I were you sit back relax and take a bath!! Don't worry they say this because in the water you wouldn't be able to tell if your water breaks and your early on I don't think you have to worry!!
Its not bad to take a bath unless your water has broken or is leaking because then there is increased risk of infection. Just make sure its not too hot of water. Also, check the bubbles you are using. Some essential oils should be avoided during pregnancy so if its a fancy type you might want to look it up online first to be sure. I took bubbles baths at the start of my pregnancy all the time because of aches and pains. I just had to be sure to rinse my...parts...wells afterwards as my skin down there was more sensitive to soaps and would itch if I didnt rinse off after a bath. Enjoy!
Baths are fine during pregnancy (as is swimming, for that matter). The only time you have to worry about submerging yourself in water during pregnancy is if your water has broken. (If the water contains bacteria, it can cause you to get an infection very quickly, and possibly harm your baby). You should avoid hot tubs though.
I'm 18 weeks and take baths all the time, it makes it easier since I can't stand for long and helps with aches and pains. It's fine as long as you don't get the water too hot--the increase in your temperature is the only thing that could hurt the baby and most people don't like it to be THAT hot that it would raise your body temperature anyway. You're fine : )
Go for it, just as long as your water hasnt broke and your not to big to get out. I got stuck in the tub at 7 months...my husband had a hell of a time getting me out. It probably feel really good and dont make the temp too hot its bad for your blood pressure.
they are lying to you......you can take a bath all through pregnancy just make sure you dry your area really good because yeast infections can develop really easily if you do not properly dry your vaginal area
you can soo take bubble baths!


that helped me my whole pregnancy


when my feet and back hurt.





just don't take it in too hot of water!

No comments:

Post a Comment