Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Is a bubble bath bad for my lil girl?

I was wondering if my daughter takes a bubble bath if its bad for her ?My husband said he read that it infects her girly parts. I never read that and i never had a problem as a girl my self but im just asking so please give me adivce for him...Thank youIs a bubble bath bad for my lil girl?
Bubble bath are not well recommended for all females. Sorry ladies.Is a bubble bath bad for my lil girl?
I use to give my daughter bubble baths and started having a rash. I went to my doctor, he said that children's skin is very sensitive and also very soft. The bubble bath products have chemicals in them that are not good for adults, let alone kids. He said some kids have no problem and some get rash like mine and some have even worse problems.





Anyway, my doctor told me that it is best to not give bubble bath to young children. Why ruin their skin now, they have there whole life to do that. So i don't give bubble baths anymore. My niece(brother's daughter) had taken bubble bath once and her skin went very dry and itchy. So yeah, i don't give bubble baths anymore. I didn't even try for my second child. I would recommend don't do it. If you want, just fill the tub with water give her some toys and let her play around in the water. But bubble bath products are not so good. Don't take any chance. Rest is up to you.
In general, bubble baths can increase the risk for infection for ALL females, young and old. It's just the way of our anatomy. Will it hurt her to do it once in awhile? Probably not. Just don't make it into a habit and look at the ingredients of the bubbles. Choose an appropriate one for babies/kids that tend to be less harsh. Or what you could do is make a bubble bath with Johnson%26amp;Johnson No Tear wash.
If she has sensitive skin it could give her a nasty rash (I'm horribly allergic, as is the little girl I babysit). You won't know though until you let her take one. There's a couple things you can do to lessen the chance of a reaction; use a little palmolive dish soap (it's very gentle), use babywash (again gentle), rinse her off before getting out of the tub. Good luck.
Yes,my daughter got infections for many times.Her doc.didn't say much.I took her to another doctor who is female and has two girls herself.Finally she told me not to give her bubble bath.So i put a little chair in the tub,she sits on it and plays with bubbles.Ever since,knock on wood she hasn't had an infection.
Not good for the bather, not good for the environment, unnecessary, why not use a good pure soap?

No comments:

Post a Comment