Tuesday, March 9, 2010

How soon can I take a hot bubble bath after giving birth?

Do I have to allow healing time?How soon can I take a hot bubble bath after giving birth?
Id probably give it at least a week.


I had hardly any weakness after giving birth, 3hours after I gave birth I walked down to the cafeteria in the hospital and got me something to eat lol..But not everyone is as blessed as I was with giving birth.


I took my first best i think 2weeks after giving birth, it was always showers. I was told not to take baths for a while where everything was healing and sitting in an unclean bath tub just wasn't a good idea as of yet.


And I agree with the other answers, if you are still have pain, weakness..etc..then have someone around who knows what you are doing just in case you need help. =)


Good Luck %26amp; Congrats on your little one! Hope you get to take a nice hot bubble bath Soon!! =) They are so wonderful after giving birth!





P.S.Try turning out the lights if you can or dimming them and put a couple candles in there with you!!!!


Talk about relaxation lol.. Really helped me.How soon can I take a hot bubble bath after giving birth?
i took a hot bath after the 4th week when i was not in so much pain and i called the doc first. no bubbles until they check you out is what i was told.
ya, i would allow time to heal with the bubbles..you don't want to give yourself an infection..


but you should be able to take a hot bath as soon as you want...just remember, you have to lift yourself out of the tub :) lol i wouldn't have been able to do that for about a week after giving birth...i had no pain, no cuts, nothing..just back/arm/leg weakness..it sucked...
no it is fine to have a bath it actually cleanses you better than a shower in your vaginal area.So go relax :)
You didn't mention whether you gave birth by normal delivery or c-section. You can probably ask your o.b. about this. All I know is that if you gave birth by normal delivery then you may take a hot bubble bath as soon as the wound in the vaginal area has healed. You should probably wait a little longer if you gave birth by c-section. People have different opinions regarding c-section wounds whether it's okey to get them wet. You should probably wait a month before getting that hot bubble bath. I had two friends who got their c-section wounds badly infected because they got it wet too soon.
I just had a c-section in February.My Doctor told me to take a shower 2 days after my section then he had me soak in a warm bath after1 week to remove my tape from the incision. So, I would think it would be fine just check with your doctor.
i dont see why you cant have one whenever you want, bubbles are like soap and shampoo so go have a bath it will probably feel very soothing after giving birth
Well remember you will be bleeding the first few days (or weeks - 9 weeks in my case) that for me was heavier than my period. So I don't really know if you'd want to go in the tub - remember you won't be able to use a tampon. But I'd say as soon as you feel up to it. I suggest you have someone home with you in case you need help getting out of the tub.

No comments:

Post a Comment