Sunday, March 7, 2010

Is it ok to use bubble bath on my 1 year old?

I know this seems like a silly question, but I want to make sure bubble bath won't cause problems for her privates.Is it ok to use bubble bath on my 1 year old?
It should be okay as long as she doesn't have a history of extremely sensitive skin. I would use a ';baby'; bubble bath, like Johnsons, or Huggies, just to be sure youre using the most gentle kind. I like to use Johnsons Bedtime Bath with my son, and I usually give him a quick rinse with clean water after the bath water has drained, so that none of the soap stays on him and dries.Is it ok to use bubble bath on my 1 year old?
It probably just depends on the product and on your daughter. Put her in a onesie afterwards, with the freedom to reach into her diaper from the edges, and if she scratches, you know it's irritating for her. My daughter got a UTI and I don't know how -- we don't use bubble bath -- but if I *had* been using bubble bath, I'd have ended up blaming that for sure. So I'm a little skeptical that bubble bath actually causes UTI, although I've heard there's supposed to be a risk.
yes
NO! It has been known to cause UTI's and yeast infections in little girls. I had them all the time, even up to the age of puberty, due to bubble bath. I'd continue using baby bath or a very MILD body wash such as Dove, Caress, etc. and use half the recommended amount in the tub.
No i dont think so it will, but make sure it doesnt go into the eyes of the baby.....
That's about the only thing that you would need to worry about and it will only irritate her privates if you let her soak for long periods of time and give her a bubble bath every day. Once in a while won't bother her. Get a bubble bath for kids though.
No problem unless she has sensitive skin or is allergic to perfumes. If you use a baby laundry detergent because normal detergent bothers her skin, I wouldn't use bubble bath.
I don't see why not. I've been bringing my daughter into the tub with me for bubble baths since she was 2 months old. However every baby's skin is different but usually by age one it's not as sensitive as it was when she was a newborn. If you notice an irritation then just put some ointment on her and give up the bubble baths. But I think it will be fine and your daughter will love it.
Bubble bath can cause irritation and infection in female private parts. If you use bubble bath I suggest rinsing her off with clean water before getting her out of the tub. And if you notice irritation stop using the bubble bath immediately.
We use the Johnson's Baby Bedtime bath stuff and it works wonderfully on my son. You pour a capful into the tub (we have a baby tub, probably a bit more if you're using a regular tub), and it bubbles up like a bubble bath. The great part about it is that after a short time, the bubbles go away. This isn't a silly question, you're just watching out for your child.

No comments:

Post a Comment