Wednesday, March 3, 2010

How do you remove red bubble bath stain from carpet?

I immediately used the shampooer and it has dried...how do I now remove the stain?How do you remove red bubble bath stain from carpet?
I would take a tooth brush and some tide to it- gotten a lot of stain out with some scrubbing and little bit of tide. I would put a harsh chemical like ammonia on it and iron it like the girl above me is saying- that doesn't sound to good for you or the carpet. OxiClean might change the color of your carpet too.How do you remove red bubble bath stain from carpet?
Red stains in the carpet are the worst! ( speaking from personal experience here) I've never tried the oxyclean stuff, but most of the carpet cleaning solutions ( I'm talking about the carpet cleaners like you can rent from the grocery store or drug stores) have a special solution for removing red stains. You could probably find this also in a store like Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, etc. I've gotten red Hawaiian Punch out of beige carpet with this before so I know it works!
Red? A carpet knife.
A trick I learned from a professional carpet cleaner on how to remove red stains from carpet.


Take ammonia, a wet white wash cloth and a hot iron. Open up the windows for air so you don't get sick on the fumes.


Pour some ammonia on the stain, put the wet cloth on top and then set the iron on it. It will steam, which is why you don't want to inhale the fumes. Repeat as neccessary. Be sure to keep the cloth wet and rinse out the stains so you don't spread it if you have several spots to get out. Good luck!
Try some of the Oxyclean. It really works wonders. Its the only thing I know of other than bleach that might work.

No comments:

Post a Comment