Tuesday, March 9, 2010

If I put my macbook in the bathroom while I take a bubble bath, will it get damaged?

I want to listen to music while I'm in the bath. I have a large bathroom, and plan on putting the computer far away from the tub. I am wondering if the steam will cause problems for my computer?If I put my macbook in the bathroom while I take a bubble bath, will it get damaged?
It most certainly can. Moisture is liquid, and liquid will damage most any and all electronics. Stuff like MP3 players and even some cell phones may still work after liquid damage (if they're properly dried) but something like a laptop just has too many failure mechanisms. You're better off trying to find some kind of wireless speaker system to stream the macbook's audio into your bathroom. A good pair of speakers will run about 60usd if you're not picky, so if they get wet it's not as big a deal as your macbook.If I put my macbook in the bathroom while I take a bubble bath, will it get damaged?
It most certainly will. Steam collects inside the laptops components because it isn't properly weather sealed or anything. As more steam collects into those components, it will eventually form into a dew or water droplets and may cause something to short out and fry your laptop. Don't risk it, besides it's a Macbook, that's a hefty investment you've got there. I wouldn't take the risk.
Why take the risk ?
Why take that chance. get a shower radio or wait til you get out...
yes

No comments:

Post a Comment