Sunday, March 7, 2010

How soon can you take a bubble bath after having a baby?

I had my daughter a little over 3 weeks ago and I was just wondering when it is okay to take a bubble bath. The doctor who discharged me told me no baths for me but didn't say for how long...How soon can you take a bubble bath after having a baby?
You should wait at least 6 weeks and after your check up then it would be ok if you didn't have any complications.How soon can you take a bubble bath after having a baby?
6 weeks or until you have NO discharge from your vagina


Discharge goes in 3 stages...red, to pinkish, to white. When you've gone through all of them and you're not having any more, get the OK from your doctor and you should be good.





When you have a baby, your uterus takes a long time to ';get back to normal';. It's basically a big wound. It would be like taking your eye out of the socket...you'd have that big open area that can get infected easily.
You should wait 6 weeks until you take a bath. When I had my daughter and son, my doctor and discharge papers stated wait until 6 weeks to return to all normal activities. It also depends what type of child birth you undergone.
An hour after giving birth the midwife made me a lovely hot bath. Just water, nothing at all in it.





She also said to not use bubble bath until the bleeding had totally stopped.





5 weeks and still waiting for that bubble bath :(
Until your post pregnancy check up at 6 or 8 weeks. You don't want any water from a bath getting in there until you are healed.

No comments:

Post a Comment